Want to look your best on your wedding day?
Every bride should have the confidence of feeling her most beautiful on her wedding day.
When it comes to hair stylists, I am often asked the same question about hair stylists who come to the bride. “The ones you recommend are so expensive. Do you know any that charge less?” I recently met with Katie, of Katie Lee Hair, one of the best wedding hair stylists in Ventura County, in my opinion. I asked her what her response to this perspective is and I love what she shared with me. She spoke as a “we”, considering make-up as part of the beauty team.
- We come to you. That means you don’t have to take the extra time or trouble to get to me. Instead, we take on that burden to get to you, wherever you are that morning.
- We create a schedule for you. This often includes the bridesmaids, and even moms.
- We are never late. Ever. Late isn’t an option. We know being done on time is crucial for your photographer. In fact, if there is any reason a bridal party is late getting done, it is usually a bridesmaid that went MIA.
- We create a calm, relaxing vibe. We know you have a big day ahead, and it should start peacefully.
- We don’t need to do trials prior to your wedding day, but it is a good idea for a bride who isn’t sure what she wants. If you show up with a photo of a look that isn’t right for you, we will tell you why and help you find a better option. A trial is also a benefit for any bride whose mom wants input. The last thing you need on your wedding day is a struggle with mom when you need to stay chill.
- We are specialists. In a salon, they may do one wedding per week. Wedding hair is ALL I do. In fact, I only went to beauty school because I loved doing up-dos. Clients kept pulling me out of the salon to do weddings, which didn’t thrill the salon. Then, I became allergic to the chemicals and knew it was time to take this show on the road. I love what I do. I find working in weddings is fun and I really like my clients.
- We are your most inexpensive vendor on your wedding day. But keep this in mind, what we create for you is in all of your photos, and it is what you are presenting face-to-face to your friends and family. So, really it is one of your most impactful expenses in your wedding budget. And, you deserve the best!
Because beauty is done before a bride arrives at the site, I never really thought about all they do with a bridal party that morning. I agree with Katie. You are worth it! I asked Katie what the most rewarding part of her job is.
“My favorite thing is when I get to work with a bride who is maybe a little insecure about her looks. I love making all brides feel beautiful. But, watching the ones who don’t think they are beautiful, learn that on their wedding day they are undeniably gorgeous? Well, that makes my day.” -Katie Lee
Amen to that, Katie Lee!